1. WHAT TYPE OF MEDICATION IS NICOFLEX OINTMENT AND WHAT KIND OF DISEASED CAN BE USED?
The Nicoflex ointment is an outer formulation to treat arthritis, sprains , bruises , strains, tendonitis (in a relaxed phase), vertebral arthritis, also athletes can use it for warm-up.
2. WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE USING THE PRODUCT
Do not use Nicoflex ointment in case
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substances and other ingredients of the Nicoflex ointment.
- Do not use Nicoflex in case of inflammatory joint processes, open injuries, skin eczema and other skin diseases. Nicoflex ointment can be used with caution.
- After using Nicoflex it is highly important to wash hands thoroughly with warm water and soap.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth and other mucous membranes. In case of accidental contact wash the affected area with plenty of water. If the eye irritation does not decrease, find medical advice or ask your pharmacist.
Other medicines used during treatment
It has not been tested whether Nicoflex ointment has any effect on other drugs, or other drugs influences it's effect. If you are using other dermatological preparations, do not apply at the same time at the same skin surface.
Consult with your doctor, or your pharmacist about the other medicinces you take, or you have taken recently, the not prescription drugs as well.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Before taking any medicine, consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
Using the product during pregnancy and breastfeeding is not recommended.
The effects on the ability to drive and use machines:
Nicoflex ointment does not affect the ability to drive or operate machinery.
3. HOW TO USE THE NICOFLEX OINTMENT?
Always use the Nicoflex ointment as your doctor has told you. If you are not sure of the dosage, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Nicoflex ointment can only be applied externally (on the skin).
The way of application
Wipe the undamaged, clean, dried skin with a thin layer of ointment. Just treat the painful area.
In case of muscle and joint disease, if the doctor does not provides otherwise, use the ointment once a day for 3 days,
then twice a day (morning and evening) to complete the treatment. For athletes warming up: massage 4-5 cm strip of ointment into the skin!
The ointment should not be applied to the entire skin.
In case you used more Nicoflex ointment than recommended
If you accidentally used more ointment than the recommended amount, it is unlikely harmful effects (poisoning) shows up. Continue to use the product as prescribed.
If you forget to apply the ointment
Do not use a double dose to make up for missed doses.
If you have any further questions of the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Warning! After rubbing the skin will flush, gentle warming pinching feeling occurs at the same time, which are gradually disappears approximately an hour later. If the ointment gets into eyes or mucous membranes it will occur burning feeling, so after using Nicoflex wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap!
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Nicoflex ointment can cause side effects, which do not happen to everyone.
In most of cases the symptoms are mild to moderate and usually disappear in 1 hour after using the Nicoflex ointment.
"The list of side effects is followed by the following frequency assignment:
Very common (case 1 / 10): At least once occurs out of 10 patients.
Common (case 1 / 100 - <1/10): occurs 1 to 10 of 100 patients.
Rare (case 1 / 10000 - <1/1000): occures 1 to 1 000 of 10 000 patients.
Very common: Skinny and warm feeling in the treated area
Common: Mild burning, stinging sensation in the treated area
Rare: Swelling at the site of treatment
Contact eczema or contact allergy
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5. HOW TO STORE THE NICOFLEX OINTMENT?
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use Nicoflex Ointment after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and tube. The expiration date refers to the last day of the specified month.
Do not store above 25 °C.
Medicines should not be disposed of via waste water or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of your unused medicines. These measures promote the protection of the environment.
6. 6. MORE INFORMATION
What Nicoflex ointment contains
- The active substance is 0.15 mg capsaicin, 20.0 mg ethyl nicotinate, 90.0 mg hydroxyethyl salicylate per gram.
- The other ingredients are propyl parahydroxybenzoate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, lavender oil, 96% ethanol, sodium lauryl sulphate, liquid paraffin, cetyl stearyl alcohol, white vaseline, purified water.
What Nicoflex ointment looks like and contents of the pack
White, homogenous, soft ointment
50 g of ointment filled into aluminum caps. 1 tube in a box.